Sunday, April 3, 2011

Makrothumia


You probably opened this post just to see what in the world is that word, or you are thinking he must have spelled something wrong. Believe me it is rare that I spell wrong, just ask mom or Shawn(my brother).


More than likely you have googled the word, wikipediaed(sp?) it, or looked at dictionary.com to find the meaning to that word. I found this word today, April 4, while in Sunday school. I will get to the meaning of this word in a bit.


Since writing my last post I have felt great anticipation for this coming Friday, April 8. I believe I noted before that Sports Crusaders is having a board meeting to "vote" me in. Even though, according to Bobby Shows, "Once a Crusader, always a Crusader." I am excited about what is lying ahead for my family and what God will be doing through us.


As the saying goes: The anticipation is killing me!! I can't wait to get the phone call letting me know it is official. I feel once that happens I can move onto what I feel I am intended to do.


I believe one reason people don't realize what God wants them to do is because they are stuck in their past. I realize I am not very old, but I have had life experiences that some older than me have not had, and I hope they don't ever have to experience either. If I ever look back to those times then I can not move forward to where God wants me to be.


Phillipians 3: 13b says,"but one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead".


The only way to move on is to be able to forgive yourself. Forgiveness of the self is probably the hardest thing to do. It is easier to forgive someone else because you have let go of what they did. When trying to forgive yourself you have to be able to let go of everything from memories to actions. Memories are the hardest thing to delete. Not as easy as deleting the history of your internet or hitting back before sending a text.


Funny side note, the song 7 x 70 by Chris August came on while typing this. Just go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5-Q1zAhqpA


Once you have forgiven yourself then God will start doing some miraculous things within your life and it will overflow into others. Since being able to move past my past I have been anticipating what God will do.


Now this is where the title comes in, Makrothumia. It is said ma krah thew MEE ah. It is a Greek word that is used 14 times in the New Testament. It means patience. I found this word in the Bible that my grandpa Roger gave me for Christmas and it is very helpful and informative.


God does things in his timing and this is what I have had to learn. This week will be a long week I am sure, but it is in God's timing and I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment