Monday, April 11, 2011

God's Timing

"Everything is possible for him who believes." Mark 9:23

The verse above is in a holder next to my bed. Within this holder are numerous verse cards. Also, I can set the date just by changing the month and date card out.


On April 8th, last Friday, I changed out the verse card that morning. The verse above is what came next. Coincidence? I think not.


I felt really good about this day. I was expecting some news and wasn't sure when this news would come. The board of Sports Crusaders was voting for me to be apart of their staff.


I put in a previous post that I had been praying about this day. Some of you even prayed with me. Thank you. All I knew is the meeting started around 9:30a.m.


I have always felt a tug in my heart towards Sports Crusaders. Obviously I hadn't been "grown-up" enough to fully commit to God's calling until now. I feel it is time to take that step of faith. A lot like how Indiana Jones in The Last Crusade comes to an opening and can't see the bridge that connects the 2 mountain sides. He just decides to jump. I have that feeling. The movie reference is really the only way to describe it. For the longest time I have gone back and forth with taking the jump.


The thing is it was never really my choice. It has always been the Holy Spirit guiding me back to the path that God set out before me. So I wait for the phone call letting me know what the vote is. I receive the call at about 4pm that afternoon. The board still has some questions and wants me to meet with a committee at the end of May. So I still wait. All indications even from the executive director is that everything is good to go. All in all it was really good news. There were a few details that I left out, but overall everything is moving as God wants it to.


So I ask for more prayer until this time arrives. Thank you in advance to those that really will pray for me and my family.


I came up with the title for a couple of reasons. There is a guy on the board that is from Texas. He flew in just for this board meeting. Also, at the church this board meeting was held at there was another guy from Dallas Theological Seminary out of Dallas, TX. I don't believe these are coincidences. I believe it was all in God's Timing and it still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment